Activate &SAP_EDIT in SE16N (SAP ECC 6.0 EHP6)
In SAP ECC 6.0 EHP6, the function code
&SAP_EDIT, which enables the change mode of transaction SE16N, is deactivated (SAP Note 1420281) due to security breaches that were detected. In order to activate it (temporarily), follow the steps below:
- Go to SE16N, as usual, and type the table for which you want to make modifications.
- Instead of typing
&SAP_EDITin the command field, type
/Hand press “Enter” key to activate debugging.
- Press F8 key to enter the data browser for the above table.
- While in debugging mode, enter the two variables GD-EDIT and GD-SAPEDIT and press “Enter” key.
- For each variable, click on the change button, change the value to an uppercase “X” and press “Enter” key.
- Press F8 key to exit debugging and enter the table in change mode.